Sometimes in life, you gotta just. . . fake it. Pretend to be stronger than you feel, smile when you want to hide, imitate confidence until it actually feels like the real thing. You see this faux Churro? It's doing just that and you gotta admit, you want some. Am I right? You want some! This little churro is faking it and making it because actually it's just a flour tortilla getting all fancy with some sugar and cinnamon, hey!! I made this a few weeks ago and seriously fell in love with the creative recipe by 52kitchenadventures. Fake it baby! Let's be real, sometimes it helps. . . give the recipe a try guys.
What ya'll need:
3 tbs Sugar
3 tbs Cinnamon
Mint for garnish
What to do:
1. In a bowl, mix the sugar and cinnamon and set aside
2. Take a regular sized flour tortilla and cut into a large square (mainly cutting off the edges until it goes from a circle to a square). Lightly Glaze the entire front and back with oil and then pour sugar & cinnamon over the tortilla until both sides are fully covered.
3. Fold into a accordion and keep it in place with toothpicks (I put in 3. 1 on each end and 1 in the middle)
4. Cook in the oven on 250F for 10mins (I have a smaller oven so this temperature work for me. You want your oven between a medeium high heat)
5. In a bain de marie, heat and melt your chocolate (bane de marie = a fancy way to cook delicate foods like chocolate. Basically don't burn your chocolate. Boil water in a casserole. Once the water is super hot and close to boiling, place a bowl on top which will float or fit the casserole. In the new bowl add in chocolate and watch it melt.
Dip and devour guys