made a random recipe today. it's healthy, depending on how much you eat, and oh so creamy
what's not to love?!
what you need
1 - 15 ounce can of chickpeas (plus 1/2 cup chickpea water)
½ cup tahini paste
1/2 a lemon (juice only)
2 small garlic cloves finely chopped
1 teaspoon of salt (obviously just add as much you want, don't be shy girl)
olive oil and cilantro
what to do
1. in a colander, drain out chickpeas (reserve about 1/2 cup of water on the side)
2. to get extra smooth hummus, remove the skin from the chickpeas (takes about 10mins for 1 can). squeeze the chickpea and the skin will come right off.
3. place skinned peas in blender and pulse until the chickpeas look a bit sandy. you might have to scrape down the sides a few time to really getting everything blended in the end
4. then add your lemon juice, garlic, tahini, and salt. blend and scrape until its smooth
5. slowly add in the the chickpea water to the hummus until the mixture starts to thin out just little by little. don't add too much, go slowly until you get the thick consistency and completely smooth. I
usually end up using all the water. add some cilantro on that hummus to add extra flavor and color!