pain perdu is always a good idea. breakfast with some strawberry jam or lunch time with some salmon creme fraiche.
what you need:
stale or hard bread
1 cup milk
4 tablespoons of sugar
teaspoon of vanilla extract
fresh strawberries to garnish
what to do:
1. In a saucepan, heat milk, sugar, and mix on medium heat. Let sugar dissolve properly into the milk. Dont let the milk boil.
2. Take out 2 bowls and in 1 bowl, crack 1 egg and mix until well blended. In the other bowl pour your milk/sugar mixture and the tspn of vanilla extract .
3. Place cooking pan on medium high heat and add butter. When the butter starts to sizzle, prepare your bread.
Take a piece of bread and dip into each bowl for 5 seconds on each side
4. Cook on hot pan until it becomes golden brown.
5. Finish off by sprinkling a bit of powdered sugar.